Let's talk skin
Control Corrective Skincare Systems® Offers Busy Moms Time-Saving Tips
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 18, 2014
IRVINE, CA (February 18, 2014) – When her day is consumed with spit-up, school drop-offs and soccer practice, it’ s a safe bet skincare doesn’t make the busy mom’s top priority list.
But according to skincare expert Ellen Clark, president and founder of the popular, clinical-based brand Control Corrective Skincare Systems, a good skincare regimen isn’t rocket science and it doesn’t have to require hours.
“As a mother myself, I understand that a few extra minutes of sleep is often more appealing than time spent in front of the mirror, but motherhood is actually a crucial time for skincare,” says Clark. “Lack of sleep, new-mom hormones, poor diet and improper hydration and sun protection can and will take a toll on skin’ s appearance, so it’ s important that mothers eke out a few moments in the day to ‘ baby’ their skin.”
To maintain healthy skin amidst an often maniacal schedule, Clark offers moms the following easy tips:
1. Identify skin type, then keep it simple. Good skincare doesn’t have to be a complex, multi-step process; it’ s more important that you implement a daily routine you know you can uphold. Incorporating a cleanser, toner and moisturizer is a great place to start. Identify your skin type and seek out products that support it. Control offers three-piece Starter Kits (pictured, MSRP: $33) that make it simple to start an effective skincare routine, whether skin is normal, acne-prone or aging.
2. Snack smart. It’ s no secret moms rarely sit down for meals, so on-the-go snacks have to help fill nutritional gaps. Skip salty indulgences and instead stock up on snack-packs of skin super foods such as blueberries (hydrating and anti-inflammatory); cucumber (hydrating and rich in complexion-clearing silica); carrots (contain beta carotene, which help absorb the sun’ s harmful rays); and pumpkin seeds (rich in omega 3s, which build collagen and tighten skin).
3. Befriend the quick fix. A regular facial may not fit in the family budget, but skin can still get a pampering at home. Not looking so hot after a sleepless night? Try this quick-fix tip: Step 1: Leave a metal spoon in the freezer for several hours. Step 2: Retrieve, and apply your regular moisturizer. Step 3: Using the frozen spoon, massage moisturizer into the skin around puffy areas, gently pressing in circular motions. The cold spoon helps reduce puffiness, increases circulation and imparts an instant glow.
4. Make skincare playful. If you’re having trouble finding time for important skincare rituals, make them family-friendly. Your mini will love helping you apply a“funny” face mask or better yet, getting one of their own. Bath time offers a great space to bond with little ones over skincare, as they’ ll love to mimic your cleansing routine, which you can follow up with a moisturizing massage.
5. Be productive in your sleep. Your recommended eight hours may be on hiatus, but that’ s more than enough time to maintain the health of your complexion at night. Your skin rejuvenates itself while you sleep, so apply a more intensive moisturizer, such as Control Anti-Wrinkle Face and Neck Cream (MSRP: $104) at nighttime. Simply taking a few minutes to cleanse and hydrate your skin before you hit the pillow will have you waking up looking refreshed – even if you’ re body feels otherwise.
Control Corrective Skincare Systems products are available through skincare professionals nationwide, or by contacting the company at (866) 290-4290; email@example.com.
Control Corrective Skincare Systems puts the power of beautiful skin into your hands. A clinical-based skincare brand since 1997, Control Corrective Skincare Systems offers comprehensive, collection -based skincare for both the professional seeking to offer superior professional solutions or the consumer looking for a user-friendly home care regimen. Available at finer salons and spas nationwide, the line offers a full range of skin care products that utilize the highest quality ingredients along with natural extracts, vitamins and essential oils.