Let's talk skin
6 Different Ways to Grow Your Business with Instagram
August 21, 2018
Looking to grow from being just an Esthetician to being an extraordinary Esthetician? You can get there by growing your social media presence. There is no doubt that social media is important to businesses in all industries, especially yours, so check out the following tips to help you communicate to your clients and promote your business, no matter how big or small.
- Availability - Have some down time between clients or want to fill your day with more clients? Post your available hours on Instagram. Once followers see your available times, they will start visualizing their own schedules to see if you both have an opening. Also, clients don’t know when someone else canceled an appointment. When someone has canceled or rescheduled, post your open time slot. Someone out there would love to take that spot.
- Before & After Photos - This kind of content has been proven to get the most engagement. Instagram is a visual platform and your followers want to see what you have done in the past. Show how your existing clients’ skin has improved with your services. By posting before & after images, you show that you are a results-driven esthetician. Soon you will start to attract new clients as well.
- Retailing- Not everyone can come to your space to check out what you’re retailing. Why not show it off on social? You can go into detail about the products, when to use them, who the product is for, and you can even demo the product. You can reveal any secret tips that you may have learned in esthetics school and your clients can benefit.
- Promotions- Are you running a promotion for your services? Announce it to the world via Instagram. Try running a one day promotion on your slowest days. For example, Tuesday may be your hardest day to fill up time slots. Promote a $10 discount for any facial or a free facial enhancement like facial massage or extractions. Offer a free gift with purchase of a product or service. Customers love promotions!
- Instagram Live- Video is the way to go. Connect with your clients and have a live conversation with them. Since it is a live video, it does not have to be as polished as a pre-recorded, edited video but you should definitely have a schedule, as it is easy to go off track. Brainstorm what topics you would like to touch on and what video shots you have in mind before going live. Viewers from Instagram Live have the option to comment on your live video too, so engage with your clients and ask for any follow-up facial questions or product usage questions.
- Instagram Stories - With Facebook purchasing Instagram, Instagram implemented the algorithm method from Facebook (i.e., your pictures will not appear chronologically to your followers.) The best way to connect with your followers in real-time is Instagram Stories. These 24-hour images can be extremely playful with features like gifs, stickers and boomerangs but also very helpful. On Instagram Stories you can now request questions from your followers, A/B and slider polls.
Growing your Instagram takes a lot of time and effort but the rewards are fantastic! You’ll soon find you enjoy better brand recognition an increase of clients/followers.