November 15, 2015
Did you know that November’s famous feasting holiday shares the month with another important celebration?
That’s right, folks, the eleventh month of the year is also recognized as National Healthy Skin Month!
And while you may be a tad more excited about the holiday that brings loads of pumpkin pie (among other delectable goodies) to your plate, you’ll be happy to know that you can also celebrate Healthy Skin Month by indulging in epicurean delights.
To keep your complexion sporting a delicious glow this winter, consider digging into generous helpings of “skin food” that contain the vitamins your skin is most hungry for: A, D, C & E.
The perfect recipe for beautiful skin – and a happy belly? Consider planning a Thanksgiving meal that incorporates foods rich in these key vitamins, and combine with a healthy skincare regimen that contains the same skin-enhancing ingredients.
Here’s our “family recipe”:
INGREDIENT #1: Vitamin A – Helps treat sun damage and break down cellulite
- EAT: Carrots, sweet potatoes and leafy greens
- APPLY: Control Corrective Collagen Eye Defense, a lightweight, moisturizing eye cream with botanicals, antioxidants and lipids, that gently plumps surface dehydration; and Control Corrective Ceramide Daily Cream, a rich and silky moisturizer for all skin types that helps fight free radical damage
INGREDIENT #2: Vitamin D – Helps reduce spots and growths
- EAT: Salmon, milk and eggs
- APPLY: Control Corrective Aroma Matte Day Cream SPF 30, a powerful combination of non-greasy moisture and microfine zinc sun protection, with antioxidants, green tea and aloe vera
INGREDIENT #3: Vitamin C – An antioxidant that reduces signs of aging, helps regenerate Vitamin E and provides sun protection
- EAT: Citrus fruits
- APPLY: Control Corrective Crystal C Serum, a hydrator and brightener that helps fight the signs of aging; and Control Corrective Retinol C Serum, a daily serum that reduces fine lines, dark spots and breakouts
INGREDIENT #4: Vitamin E – An antioxidant that helps protect from sun damage and aging
- EAT: Peanuts and other nuts
- APPLY: Control Corrective Ceramide Daily Cream
Happy (healthy) feasting this month!